A LITTLE ABOUT US
Guiding Programs and Projects Worldwide
We assist private and public organizations to achieve their business aims through planning and optimization for programs, projects, products, systems and services.
Our professionals have helped a wide range of clients in many countries around the world.
We have an enviable track record of being instrumental in the saving of many millions of dollars, as well as identifying significant improvements in functionality, while improving the overall delivery schedule and reliability.
Our focus is on closing the performance/value gap between expectations and actual outcomes for large or complex endeavors that bring about significant or rapid change
Driving Successful Programs and Projects
We emphasize the following:
Alignment of programs and projects to business priorities and goals
Focus on outcomes
Management of projects for delivery of the expected value.
We pioneered the Performance & Cost Optimization (PCO) process(es) comprising:
- Performance & Value Assurance for ongoing executive oversight of ongoing programs and projects
- Functionality & Efficiency reviews focused on improving operational / program service delivery
- Planning & Performance reviews focused on improving capital expenditures
- Formal certification of best value programs and projects
Our expertise lies in:
➣ Aligning Stakeholder Expectations
➣ Reducing the total cost of ownership of major facilities and asset portfolios, while improving functionality and performance
➣ Deriving stakeholder consensus on definition of needs and the optimum course(s) of action
➣ Expediting the decision-making process and implementation of services & systems
➣ Revitalization of stalled projects
➣ Assuring expectations are met.
Company founder Martyn Phillips, FICE, FCIWEM, FIVM, FSAVE, FHKIVM, was employed for many years by various consultants, contractors and Owner organizations on:
Strategic Planning, Feasibility Studies and Systems Optimization
Contracts Execution and Operations
Program and Project Management.
Arising out of these experiences, he realized the acute need for organizations to demonstrate to executive management and stakeholders that programs and projects start on a sound footing and are delivered to meet expected outcomes.
To this end, in 1993, he started a specialist consultancy (www.teamfocus.org) to improve value and performance, using various techniques including leading value management and risk assessment studies. His leadership of problem-solving & opportunity explorations has resulted in substantial savings of time and cost, with significant functionality, constructability, productivity & return-on-investment benefits, for a wide range of topics for public and private sector organizations. Example areas of work include:
- Buildings - Health, Judicial, Learning, Towers,City Development / Redevelopment.
- Energy - Oil, Gas, Offshore, Alternative, Hydro, Major Pipelines
- Environmental - Flood, Watershed & Climate Protection; Water, Wastewater, Waste Management
- Government & Business Processes - Federal, Provincial/State, Municipal, Services, Utilities, Networks, Systems
- Industrial - Petrochemical, Manufacturing, Mining
- Recreational -Stadiums
- Transportation - Airport, Highway, Rail, Transit, Terminals, Tunnels & Bridges.
In 2009, he started EVOLVE 360 Value Assurance to provide a separate service to executive management for preliminary planning and an ongoing diagnostic and reporting process for programs and major projects.